Hello, everyone! Halloween was quite a stylish affair this year, as I was tapped to be on the HuffPost Live style panel to weigh on this year’s crop of costumed celebrities. Joining me was my beautiful best friend who’d flown in from Mexico, Lucille Chayt, as well as the extremely talented Debra Rapoport, making it a threesome that was pleased to reunite with the always lovely host, Caitlyn Becker.
Setting the cheery mood of the holiday, I chose to wear our Off Broadway Boutique black petit pois top along with our glamorous cascading pearl necklace, rings, and Kenneth Jay Lane earrings with a jaunty fascinator hat to complete my Grande dame look. Not to be outdone, Lucille wore one of our classic long necklaces to complement her fabulous fall look, while Caitlyn proudly donned the dazzling eye mask that I brought over to her from our shop.
After pleasantries and complements were exchanged, we launched into our celebrity style critiques, lacing them with plenty of wit and wisdom:
- On Matt Lauer as Pamela Anderson: “I love it!” – Lynn Dell
- On Miley Cyrus as L’il Kim: “Let her do it. It’s a fun time.” – Lynn Dell
- On Paris Hilton as Miley Cyrus: “She never got that outfit at Off Broadway Boutique because we don’t sell it! It’s still adorable, though.” – Lynn Dell
- On Paris Hilton as Miley Cyrus: “It’s supposed to be sexy, but it doesn’t work.” – Lucille
- On Julianne Hough as Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black: “She looks like she got a nice sunburn. It doesn’t look like blackface at all, though her hair does look Oriental.” – Lynn Dell
- On Tara Reid: “She looks trashy, but it’s Halloween.” – Lynn Dell
- On Snooki and JWoww as Alice in Wonderland: “It’s fun with a lot of character to it.” – Lucille
- On Neil Patrick Harris and his family: “Very cute and precious.” – Lynn Dell
- On Sandra Bullock as Day of the Dead: “Very wonderful.” – Lynn Dell
- On Martha Stewart as a cat: “The best that I’ve seen so far, as it reminds me of a painting. Even better, she keeps in character.” – Lynn Dell
- On the Sexy Pizza Costume: “We love it!” – Lynn Dell, Debra, and Lucille
The conversation winded down as Caitlyn asked the us about dressing up. Immediately jumping in, 87-year-old Lucille asserted that there was a misconception that one could not pull it off after a certain age. Yours truly then credited our good friend, Ari Seth Cohen, for being the one to showcase elder women as stylistas. “Though anyone can be offended by a costume, it’s up to the one wearing the costume to make it wonderful,” I said. My parting words were straight and to the point: “Sexy is being able to live life and dress for the theatre of my life.”
See more dish on celebrity Halloween style below, courtesy on three timeless fashionistas!